You Are What Your Nails Reveal

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

leoandrew167@gmail.com

You Are What Your Nails Reveal (135 อ่าน)

2 มิ.ย. 2566 19:50

So here's the big question. When and how do I start to cut my dog's nails? It's a great question and with a little education and the right tools you can be on your way shortly. In this article I'll also give you my #1 secret for cutting a small, little, nervous dogs' nails.

The first thing you need to do before starting is to understand the whole procedure or it can be quite a traumatic experience for your pet and for you. The process itself is much easier on a dog that has "white" or "light-colored" nails than those like my Miniature Pinchers that are black. OK so let's get started.

The first step in developing a successful program for cutting your pets nails is starting when they are young. Very young! Although cutting nails is a common occurrence for us, for a dog it's probably one of the most nerve-racking things they can be put through. Getting them use to having their nails cut is so important. It's something that will help them and you for years to come.

As soon as we got our girls home from the breeder, I got them used to having their nails cut. I developed my own process and started using it immediately. Even if I didn't really cut their nails I would go through the actions of doing so. This way it becomes second nature to them.

Next, they always were treated and praised with a cookie after I am done. They very easily relate me cutting their nails to a positive outcome, providing I've done it correctly. To do so, the first and foremost item you need is a proper pair of nail cutters. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use nail clippers meant for a human. Here's why.

A dogs nails are different in 3 important ways. First, they are much harder than our nails. Second, their nails have what is called the "quick". This is where the "living" part of the nail begins. And third, a dogs nails are shaped completely different than ours. They are basically "flat and curved to the shape of our fingers.

The right nail cutters will make all the difference in the world. There are 2 basic types to consider. There are guillotine cutters or scissor type. Generally speaking the scissor type is better suited to a smaller animal in my opinion. Having to manipulate the larger guillotine type cutter on small nails just isn't an easy thing to do. Also, the scissor type nail cutters have a "backing" plate to prevent you taking off too much nail at one time.

Both of these cutters work well on a pet's claws for one big reason. They are shaped to enclose and cut all around the nail in one shot. If you used regular clippers for a human, they will "crush" the nail and it will break off in pieces. Your dog will go nuts.

When we cut our nails we know we can safely cut the nails down very close to the tip of the finger. If we cut too close to the skin, IT HURTS! Well, in a similar fashion, if we cut too close to the "quick" on a dog's nails IT WILL HURT THE DOG. Preventing this from happening is the difference between keeping them happy and you from sweating bullets.

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

leoandrew167@gmail.com

Nail

Nail

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

designerdavid172@gmail.com

2 มิ.ย. 2566 21:20 #1

Function: Nails have several functions. They provide protection to the fingertips and toes, enhancing their sensitivity to touch. Nails also assist in grasping objects and performing fine motor tasks. In addition, they can be used for scratching, grooming, and self-defense. metallic nails

Nail

Nail

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

designerdavid172@gmail.com

ตอบกระทู้
CAPTCHA Image